TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Friday 2 August 2013

A normal day.....

....in paradise.

My days pretty much follow a similar pattern. I normally rise between seven and eight am, depending of course if I was out the night before, in which case it can stretch to well gone ten am. On those late mornings I usually curse myself for wasting half the day 'stinking' in my hammock. Oh, if I have not already said, since I slept in a hammock in the back of my Transit van throughout my journey to Cyprus, I have it set up across the arch between the dinning room and the kitchen (Sitting next to and parallel with my beloved Honda Fireblade)
 
I brew up my first cuppa then take a walk around the garden and take in deep breaths of the wonderful Mediterranean air. After checking my emails I pour out a healthy supply of Cornflakes covered with a whole Banana sliced up. Occasionally I go over to the Black Olive and have a fry-up of my favourite breakfast, bacon and tomato, with the lovely local fresh bread. Whatever I get up to, I am usually back home to check out the odds available on the Bookmakers sites as soon as they are available (Ten am UK time which is midday Cyprus time) After that I pull on my cosy and go down to my local beach for my daily swim. By the time I get home the swim and the heat has drained me and I fall into my hammock for my siesta. I set the alarm to wake me around three pm Cyprus time (One pm UK time) and fire up the laptop and my desktop computer and start checking the form of the horses and make a list of each race where I think I will be able to make a 'killing' and wait for 'the off,' which is around two pm UK time and the last race is around nine pm. I do not always endure the seven hours, which purely depends on me hitting my target for the day, so once I have achieved it, I log off. I wish it was as simple as it sounds but believe me it is not, as more often than not I am chasing losses! As I have said before, if it was easy, everyone and his dog would be doing it. By the time I finish I am ready to chill and watch a bit of telly on the computer and usually hit my hammock around midnight. and that is my average day.
 
Well, here I am again sitting in front of the laptop instead of being outside enjoying the blasting rays of the sun. It is coming up to ten-thirty am and it is already a sweltering eighty-four degrees projected to rise to ninety-four degrees. But I have a few interesting pictures I would like to post of something I came across while snorkelling last Friday.
 
Whatever this creature was when it was alive, it must have been a fair size. The holes for it's eyes measure nearly 25mm across. The scull measures nearly 125mm across and the back-bone, excluding the spines is 25mm across.
I would not like to come face to face with this monster if it was alive. Sadly it's jaw is missing, which I am fairly certain would reveal some nasty looking teeth!
 
Here it is once I got it home. I lost about six vertebrae while dragging it to the shore. The bits you can see below the head and spine is tissue which remained after the local undersea habitation had their fill.
 
I will be making enquiries to see if the object can be identified and will of course update you all in due course. It is now nearly midday and time for my daily swim. I wonder what I will come across today. If it's this one elder brother, please pray for my safe return!

No comments:

Post a Comment